We are an organisation that promotes and supports voluntary and community groups across Arun and Chichester.
We help the sector to develop by supporting existing groups as they grow and by providing advice and training to new groups as they are born, guiding them as they develop and assisting them in navigating potential pitfalls.
For Volunteers’ Week this year (1st – 7th June), we want to showcase some of the amazing volunteers that give their time across Arun and Chichester, as well as the difference that volunteers make to organisations such as yours. So we are looking for any volunteering stories you would like to share.
Perhaps you have an incredible volunteer who goes above and beyond to help others? Maybe you have got loyal volunteers who have been with you for years? Or perhaps, you would just like to tell us about the different ways that volunteers help you to provide the services you offer? Whatever stories you would like to tell about your volunteers, we would love to use them to celebrate Volunteers’ Week 2018.
Please email any stories to firstname.lastname@example.org
VAAC AGM & Networking Lunch
Wednesday 18th July, 12.30pm – 2.30pm
Venue to be confirmed
Community Lunch to include Voluntary Action Arun and Chichester’s Annual General Meeting. Following the business meeting we will be inviting our members to share information about their latest projects, and future plans in our Market Place. There will also be a presentation by Graham Potter, Public Health Lead for WSCC on the 5 ways to wellbeing
Bersted Green Learning Centre is available for bookings. If you are an organisation who can offer community learning/training opportunities then Bersted Green Learning Centre could be the place for you. The centre has been established to provide a place to meet and learn new skills and develop new interests.
Find out more – read here or email Chris at email@example.com
- VAAC Funding Focus Newsletter May 2018 giving funding information locally and nationally.
Click here to read more
- FNM, How to write a compelling story about your organisation, Thursday 14th June 2018, 9.30am – 12.30pm at Bersted Green Learning Centre
- Small Charities Week – Big Lottery Briefing – Reaching Communities Fund, briefing with Q&A session, 10.30am – 11.30am followed by 15 minute 1:1 slots, Tuesday 19th June 2018 in the Council Chamber, Bognor Regis Town Hall
- Trustee Training & Networking in association with Littlehampton Town Council and Kreston Reeves, Wednesday 20th June 2018, 6.00pm – 8.00pm, drinks and nibbles to follow until 9.00pm at the New Millennium Chamber, Littlehampton Town Council
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Training on Wednesday 4th July 2018, 9.30am – 12.30pm at Bersted Green Learning Centre – back by popular demand